There are many different types of architecture careers that an individual can choose to follow. In fact, there are literally hundreds of different directions a person can choose when pursuing this type of career. However, these can be narrowed down to a few main types of architecture that can then be broken down even further into smaller groups.
Before deciding which type of architecture career you want to follow it would be a good idea to go over the different options and narrow down your field. This will make it easier to determine which subjects you need to take in order to get the training you need to meet your goals and become a success.
The 6 main types of architecture careers are listed below:
1. Traditional Architecture – In this field the architect is responsible for working directly with a client and designing a structure according to the client’s specifications. This could include anything from home remodeling projects to building schools, hospitals and so forth. You’ll be responsible for drawing up the plans or blueprints based on the information given to you by the client who hires you.
2. Environmental Architecture – This field involves designing and building structures the eco-friendly way using green materials. It also includes creating designs that help to reduce the amount of natural resources used and the harmful emissions that are released into the air.
3. Classical Architecture – This field involves the preservation of historical and heritage buildings.
4. Landscape Architecture – This field requires the architect to integrate man-made ideas and projects with the natural environment in a functional manner. You’ll be required to complete a wide variety of skill levels that involves environmental awareness and artistic aspects.
5. Interior Architecture – This field takes things one step further than the actual construction of a building. An interior architect works inside the structures focusing on safety standards, design, heating and cooling systems along with many other important details that make the building functional and safe.
6. System Architecture – This refers to architecture in a totally different way from the traditional. It’s the phrase used to describe the building and development of software systems.
Regardless of which architecture career you choose, you will be able to use your skills in the governmental, private or public sectors. You will also have the opportunity to work for organizations or independently, whichever you choose. The architect normally works closely with other professionals such as electricians, engineers and designers.
A person with an architectural degree can also work in a variety of different fields such as construction managers, multimedia specialists, developers, interior designers, contractors, geotechnical specialists, graphic designers and acoustical specialists to name a few.
There are many opportunities available for someone going into the architecture field. Deciding which field you want to pursue is vital in order to be a success. Nevertheless, you also need to be willing to continue your education and take classes that will keep you up-to-date in the field you choose